Score: 4.2/5 (33 votes)
Examples of soft-hearted
- I am one of those soft-hearted old people who believe that numbers are not the only concern.
- I have always been very soft-hearted towards the theatre and, indeed, have acted in that manner.
- Little is achieved by those who "have"being soft-hearted and solicitous to those who seem to"have not".
How do you use soft-hearted?
1. He seems bad-tempered but he's very soft-hearted underneath. 2. He's always lending her money; he's too soft-hearted.
What does a soft-hearted mean?
: emotionally responsive : sympathetic.
What do you call a soft-hearted person?
In this page you can discover 15 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for softhearted, like: kind, kindhearted, merciful, compassionate, humane, warm, gentle, mild, tender, tenderhearted and soft-boiled.
When people say you have a soft heart?
Someone who is soft-hearted has a very sympathetic and kind nature.
Is being soft-hearted a weakness?
As a reflection of their character, they give out kindness even to those who don't deserve it. Despite being taken advantage of, soft-hearted people always choose to forgive. It is an attribute seen as a weakness and although it may seem absurd, soft-hearted people will still choose to do it.
What is soft personality?
Someone who sees the very best in people even when you think they aren't worth it. The kind of person who always wants to do the best for those they love. (Because soft people cannot stand the idea of hurting someone that has bestowed upon them their trust.)
How do you describe a kind hearted person?
If you describe someone as kind-hearted, you mean that they are kind, caring, and generous. He was a warm, generous and kind-hearted man. Synonyms: sympathetic, kind, generous, helpful More Synonyms of kind-hearted. Synonyms of. 'kind-hearted'
What is the opposite of a soft person?
Opposite of kind and compassionate. hard-hearted. callous. cold.
What's a better word for beautiful?
admirable, adorable, alluring, angelic, appealing, beauteous, bewitching, captivating, charming, classy, comely, cute, dazzling, delicate, delightful, divine, elegant, enthralling, enticing, excellent, exquisite, fair, fascinating, fetching, fine, foxy, good-looking, gorgeous, graceful, grand, handsome, ideal, inviting ...
What is a soft hearted woman?
Date a softhearted woman because she has high expectations for herself. She will treat you in the same way that she expects you to treat her, which means she will stay loyal, treat you with respect, and never hold back her affection. When you're with her, you will never feel like your emotions are one-sided.
How do I stop being so soft hearted?
- Don't smile. Smiling gives someone permission to think you don't really mean what you say as you have this big grin on your face.
- Stand your ground. ...
- Tell the truth. ...
- Agree when it's unexpected. ...
- Don't point fingers. ...
- Make up a list of handy excuses. ...
- Change your mind whenever you want to. ...
- Keep things short and sweet.
What is meaning of light hearted?
1 : free from care, anxiety, or seriousness : happy-go-lucky a lighthearted mood. 2 : cheerfully optimistic and hopeful : easygoing they can be lighthearted in the midst of misery— H. J. Forman.
What is kindhearted mean?
: having or showing a sympathetic nature. Other Words from kindhearted Synonyms & Antonyms Example Sentences Learn More About kindhearted.
What is the meaning of weak hearted?
: lacking courage : fainthearted.
What is another name for kind-hearted?
In this page you can discover 16 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for kindhearted, like: generous, merciful, compassionate, altruistic, good, humane, benign, kind-hearted, kind, goodhearted and beneficent.
How do you describe a gentle person?
A gentle person is someone who is calm and rational in a state of anger. A gentle person is aware of the needs of others and is open to new experiences and ideas.
How do you describe a good hearted person?
kind or generous; considerate; benevolent.
What is soft example?
The definition of soft is something that is pleasant to touch and is easy to mold, shape, change or compress, soft can also be used to describe someone or something that is calm and gentle. An example of something that would be described as soft is a feather pillow.
What is soft love?
When you give someone soft love, you accept all their mistakes, faults, and accept them with all their flaws rather than trying to improve them. ... Your love is based on the condition of letting each other know their faults, negativity.
Is it bad being too soft?
You care too much about comfort, material possessions, and oh, you want to be happy. That's a natural by-product of living in a rich society. But being too soft can often turn destructive and counterproductive. It can lead to depression, dissatisfaction, and unrealized potential.
What are the characteristics of a soft hearted person?
8 Problems You Face When You Have A Soft Heart
- We will always support others. ...
- We have a lot of strength beneath our softness. ...
- We carry the burden of the world. ...
- We want to offer light to end the darkness. ...
- We are rare. ...
- We want to free the world of pain. ...
- We are eager to lead when others retreat.
How can you tell if someone is soft hearted?
33 Signs Someone Has A Soft Heart And Gentle Soul
- They clean up the table to make it as easy as possible for a waiter/waitress.
- They say good things about people behind their backs.
- They help you with stuff without prompting/asking for help.
- They can apologize to another, and accept forgiveness when someone offers that.
How can I make my personality soft?
Try hard to be more gentle.
- Be patient. It takes time to build trust. Practice being as gentle as you want to be, and continually evaluate your actions. ...
- Do not expect anyone to forgive you. If people do forgive you for past violence, do not expect them to forget. You cannot change the past, but you can shape the future.